Since it started in 2004 (feel old? so do we! ), Facebook has changed and grown in a lot of ways.Mark Zuckerberg recently changed the name of his media empire, which includes Facebook, to Meta.But as the number of social media sites grows, you might want to think about merging some of them, like your Facebook account.
There are two ways to get rid of your Facebook account, depending on whether you are worried about your privacy, the way social media can divide people, or you just want to delete using it.Your account could be put on hold while you decide if you want to deactivate it or delete it. With the help of our detailed guides, you can delete all of your social media accounts, like Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat, and Twitter.
Which is better, deleting a Facebook Account or deactivating it off?
You can always turn on your Facebook account again if you deactivate it, but if you delete it, it’s gone for good.
What will happen to your Facebook account when you deactivate it off?
When you deactivate your acc, no one will be able to see your timeline, posts, photos, friends, or “about” details unless they know your account information. Some information, like sent messages, is no longer available, but other information is still available. Facebook saves your information for future use (friends, posts, photos, hobbies).
What happens to your account when you delete it?
But once an account is deleted, that choice can’t be taken back. After a user account is deleted, it is no longer possible to get to any data that was linked to that user. If you request Facebook to delete your account, it will give you a few days to change your mind. Facebook’s backup systems may keep copies of your information for up to 90 days after your account has been deactivated.
How to Deactivate Your Facebook Account: A Step-by-Step Guide
1. Go to any Facebook page and click the triangle that looks like it’s upside down.
2. click “Settings,” then click ”
3. In the left column,Your Facebook Information.”
4. Click “Delete and Deactivate,”
5. Click “Deactivate Account.” The next step is to click the “Continue to Account Deactivation” button to confirm that you want delete the account.
Deleting Your Facebook Account
To reactivate your account, you just need to log in to the website or use your Facebook credentials to access a separate app.
1. Go to the page called “Delete Your Account.”(https://help.facebook.com/account/delete)
2. Go to the settings for your profile and click “Delete Account” from the menu.
Facebook recommends that you save a copy of your information before deleting your account so that you don’t lose any information you may have shared. This is helpful if you want to save posts or photos from your friends.
How to export your Facebook data
1. Click the upside-down triangle in the upper right corner of any Facebook page.
2. Choose “Settings”
3. then click “Your Facebook Profile.”
4. Click “View” after you find “Download Your Information.”
5. Check the boxes to include or exclude specific page types from your request.
6. Choose the type of request, the resolution, the amount of time you want to select download, and the type of photos you want to get back.
7. To confirm, please select “Create File” and click the button.
8. When the download you asked for is ready, you will get a request.
9. You can download your information by going back to the “Download Your Information” page (click the upside-down triangle, then “Settings,” then “Your Facebook Information,” then click “View” next to “Download Your Information”).
10. Click on “Download.”
After you re-enter your password, the download should start again.
How to Keep Facebook from Always Watching You
You probably thought you were done!You still have to finish it. This is a gentle reminder that Facebook keeps track of you even if you no longer use the service. Instagram, WhatsApp, Messenger, and even Oculus Rift are all apps that belong to Facebook and could play a role.
Even if a user hasn’t joined any of Facebook’s social networks, the company may still know a lot about them thanks to its huge ad network.
Right now, there aren’t that many options. The Digital Advertising Alliance has a request called YourAdChoices where people can ask to stop certain kinds of ad targeting. You could use a private web browser, such as DuckDuckGo. You might even throw your electronics into the ocean to get back to nature. If you don’t do that, it’s likely that Facebook will keep an eye on you.